How to Send a Fax from your PC
To be able to send a faxes from your email account or computer, all you need is to purchase FaxOut credits. You can puchase/top-up your credits by logging into your account and clicking the “buy credits” option, on the left-hand-side menu.
How do FaxOut Credits work?
As we have stated previously, this service is totally free to receive a fax. There is no monthly fees, or registration costs.
The only cost involved with our service, is the cost to send a fax from your pc. In order to do this you would need to purchase credits from us.
NOTE: There is a minimum amount of R100.00 worth of credits you can purchase. These Credits work very similar to prepaid airtime in your cellphone. Once you have purchased the credits from us, you will be able to start sending faxes, each fax you send will have a cost associated with depending on where the fax is being sent to (See FaxOut Rates Here), that cost will then be deducted from your credits you purchased. When you run out of credits, you can simply login to your account and purchase more credits.
Getting started to Send a Fax from your PC
Once you have credits there are 2 methods that you can use to begin sending faxes from your PC.
The Email to Fax method, is the simpler of the 2 methods and does not require any software to be downloaded.
Sending a Fax via Email to Fax
- Compose a new email and enter the recipient’s unique 10 digit fax number in the “to” field, followed by “@faxfx.net” e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- For your own reference and easy archiving, choose a subject for your fax
- The body of your email acts as the cover sheet of your fax. If you do not enter text into the body, a cover sheet will not be sent
- Attach any documents you wish to send and click “send”. It will be received by the recipient in the form of a fax.
The New Free Fax to Email Fax Printer
The Free Fax to Email Fax Printer can be downloaded directly from our website. Once installed, the Fax Printer allows you to convert documents to faxes using any software that has printing capabilities. You are now able to preview all faxes before sending them, and if using MS Outlook to manage your contacts, you will be able to synchronise your contact list with the Fax Printer Contact Manager.
Download the Fax Printer here (Windows 32 and 64 bit versions)
How to Use the Free Fax to Email Fax Printer
- Open the document to be printed to fax
- Select the option of printing the document using “print-to-fax”
- In the Printer Wizard, choose the fax numbers of your intended recipients
- If you choose, you can select the option to include a cover page for your fax
- You are now free to preview the fax before sending it off
- Enter your account details and click on “finish”
- Either Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows XP
- You will need to have FaxOut credits in your account. Credits can be purchased directly from our website Read More